Monday, August 16, 2010

Baby Shower!!

Ok, so because there are a bunch of pictures in this post, I won't say much!! I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks since I have blogged anything, but there really hasn't been much to say. I hate writing posts without pictures! I haven't really made anymore progress on the nursery than what you have already seen, but in the next couple of weeks, there should be a lot to show. Yay! Drew and I went to Destin last Sunday and came home on Thursday. Do you think we took any pictures? NO. We are so bad about that! Plus, it is hard to take pictures when it is just the two of us. We did get one picture: a picture of myself on the balcony. Here it is:


This is 32 weeks!

Now on to the fun pictures! I had my first shower Saturday! It was so much fun and there were so many great people there. My sweet hostesses went over and beyond - I have the best friends and the best family in the world! Here are a bunch of pictures. Hope you enjoy!

Almost 33 weeks here! I'm not sure if you can see this painting very well. I will post a better picture of it later. My sweet friend Ashley Lancaster painted this to go above Ella Kate's crib. She has the same nursery fabric, so she was able to match the colors perfectly! It is the verse Jeremiah 29:11. I knew it would be beautiful, but it was even MORE beautiful than I thought possible! I brought it to the shower to show everyone! Thanks, Ash. You're amazing :-)






My sister in law made this diaper cake! I thought it was precious.


My mother-in-law carved this little baby buggy out of this watermelon! Too much!


Sweet hostesses :-) There were three that couldn't be there Saturday, and they were missed very much! Thanks y'all for everything. It was a perfect shower!



Instead of giving the girls traditional hostess gifts, I made a donation in honor of each of them to a sweet ministry here in Ridgeland, Sunnybrook Children's Home. It's such a precious place that houses children ages 4 - 18 that are there for many different reasons, and come with more baggage than I can ever image. It breaks my heart. If you want to know more about this ministry, check them out at http://www.sunnych.net/.


My sweet little helper/niece, Callie Grace. How precious is she? She was so proud of this outfit they gave me because Caty and she both have a dress like it!


Love her. Don't think of her as my sis-in-law, just my sister :-)

Blue was the color of the day! My mom and I always have a way of matching, I don't know why!



My sister! She is the best, and I love her so much!

Sweet Sharon....she made these hats for Ella Kate. One of my favorite gifts for sure!



My sweet friend Amanda. She is 5 weeks behind me, and she puts me to shame! She is the cutest pregnant girl ever!!


5 comments:

  1. The shower was perfect, and so much fun!! So glad you loved it! Now we just need Ella Kate here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hate I had to miss it! this last pic is brittney!-how do you know her? I danced with her at ballet mag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is in our small group :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could've been at the shower. Thank you for mentioning the painting--I hope it looks okay in the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post! Congratulations. My sister also booked a nice LA venue for my baby shower last year. It is going to be my daughter’s first birthday this year and I know she is already planning something. Anyways, it was great coming across this sweet post.

    ReplyDelete