Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!

What an awesome day it was today! I know Drew is technically not a father yet, but I honored him today anyway! He has already been such an amazing father and provider for Ella Kate and she is not even here yet. He has been working so hard the last couple of months and working extra shifts at the hospital to make sure she has everything she needs for her nursery. I love that man SO much!! We went to church with my parents this morning and then we went to eat lunch at a place downtown called Two Sisters Kitchen...and can I just say yummy? Best home cooking ever (I of course was the only one at our table that went back twce and filled up my plate)! Tonight I am taking Drew to eat at Amerigo's. It's his favorite place in Jackson! It was such a great day to honor all the dad's in my life. I have the greatest stepfather who has been nothing short of a dad to me my whole life, a great dad, and an amazing husband and father-to-be! I am so blessed.


Happy Father's Day T-daddy!

Happy Father's Day Dad!!




Ella Kate is waving and says, "Happy Father's Day Daddy!!"


This morning at church I got sick again, which has happened the past few weeks. I am so glad we sat on the edge of the row in the back because I had to make a quick exit as soon as Chip started preaching. I hate when that happens! Sometimes I don't know why I bother going. It's so embarassing to have to get up in the middle of the sermon when you know your face is drained of color and you are only praying you can make it to the bathroom! My parents were joking with me and telling me I must not be able to handle the "Sex Talk" series at church! If only that were the issue because I could get over that quickly! HA! I took half a phenergan at church (I would have been passed out in 5 minutes if I had taken a full one) and by the time we dropped my parents off after lunch, I was slurring my speech and could barely hold my eyes open. I can't believe how that medicine affects me! Needless to say, I was out on the couch today from 1 - 5:30. Oops....

I hope everyone had a great day too!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to have a new blog to read! I can't believe you're still having morning sickness! I have terrible memories of trying to brush my teeth when I was pregnant. So... I believe it is time for a belly pic! Hope you have a good week - throw up free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belly pic is not going to cut it for me. I need to see you and Ella Kate in person! Let's make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of Ella Kate. Doesn't look like an alien like the one I sent of Greg Whitehead's baby. Ha! I love the blog so I can keep up with you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog! You have to keep it up. My daughter, Julie, was sick every morning until she started taking her prenatal vitiams at night. Have you tried that? You have to post some pictures of the nursery, so we can ooh and ahh!! Love ya girl
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww!! Love Ella Kate waving!! So cute! Still can't believe my little brother is a Daddy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my love...you wear pregnancy so well!! What a beautiful mommy, and, of course, a handsome daddy! I miss you so much and cannot wait to see you, hopefully soon! So glad your daddy's day was awesome. Give Ella Kate a hug for me! :) XOXO!! - Britt

    ReplyDelete