Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yay for Progress!!!

This past weekend, Drew and I went to Tupelo. On the way, we stopped in Woodland, MS at Woodland Furniture to look for a crib. I had heard from several people I knew that it was worth the trip to look at nursery stuff because it could be alot cheaper. I went with the mindset of really wanting to find a crib that day, and I did! I had found a crib that I liked here in Jackson for and I was hoping that they might have the same crib there for alot cheaper. They had the crib but it was not that much of a price difference and they would have had to order the color I wanted, which could take about 8 weeks. In my mind, I didn't think that would have made the trip worth it. SO.... I kept looking. And finally I found one that is very similar but it was like $150 cheaper! Yeah! Now THAT is what I call a deal. It's really perfect and beautiful. This furniture place is in an old school, and there was no air in any of the buildings....miserable for a pregnant girl! Here are some pictures of the crib, and please disregard the green walls in the background. We are painting the nursery next week.



Daddy putting the crib together!


Still working.....

Of course I had to put my 2 seconds of time in :-)

The finished product! It's so sweet:-) I know you can't tell from the picture, but the color is called "French White," which is basically off-white.

After I purchased the crib, I thought I would check out some of the gliders they had while we were there. I had already picked out one at Playpen in Jackson. They were going to have to order the chair in the fabric that I wanted because they don't keep many choices in stock. Well, Friday must have been a lucky day for me because right when I walked in the building, the exact chair in the exact fabric that I wanted was sitting right there in front! It was the same price as the one here in Jackson, but it was ready to go! I thought it was too good to be true, but it wasn't :-) So I purchased that too! We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies when we left that place! Here is a picture of the glider. It is covered in the minky dot fabric and the color is "Latte," basically a really pretty neutral.

I know you can't really tell the color from the picture, but you get the idea :-) We have decided to paint the nursery a really pretty neutral taupe color, and do one accent wall with stripes. The accent wall will be the wall her crib is up against. We are going to do a darker stripe of a tannish-taupe color. I want to keep the colors neutral and let the fabric and the wall art be the pops of color.

We finally got the chandelier hung! It's the exact one from the picture in my previous post, so I won't post it on here. It took FOREVER. The instructions were not the greatest.....But it's done! I am getting so excited. I feel like the next 3 months will be the longest months ever. I'm trying to enjoy myself though and relax as much as possible. I just really can't wait to get going full speed on the nursery! Drew's parents are giving us a beautiful antique buffet table that I am going to refinish and use as Ella Kate's changing table. The Lord just continues to keep blessing us in different ways. I wasn't sure if the budget we had for the nursery was going to be enough, but it clearly is plenty now! I will post pics of the table when it arrives in a few weeks!

My mom came over the other day and brought me a couple of things that were mine when I was a baby, and I can't wait for Ella Kate to be able to use them. She brought me a sweet pair of shoes, that are still for sale at Ole Tyme Commisary....same brand, same style - after all these years! She also brought me my old bonnet. I will have to have her picture made in it!

I would say I have had a very productive weekend! I can't wait to get started on the painting. Well, I should say that I am ready for DREW to get started on the painting :-) That is probably all that will get done in the next month for the nursery, but it is a great start! I hope you enjoyed the pictures! This blogging thing has been good for me, in the area of taking pictures. I never ever take pictures of anything - I don't know why, I just don't. But I have been taking more pictures than I probably ever have for this blog. Yay for documentation! Have a great rest of the day!


8 comments:

  1. When I found out I was pregnant with Autumn I started a journal written to her. Ella Kate is going to love looking back at all of this and seeing how hard you worked for her. You're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that my baby is having a baby! I don't know where all the years have gone. It seems like only yesterday that I was bringing you home from the hospital. You are going to be a wonderful mother and Ella Kate is a blessing to all of us. I love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bonnet & shoes are so precious! Kudos to your mom for keeping up with them and keeping them in such great shape! The crib is beautiful and the glider looks SO comfy! Anyway, I have loved looking back through my old posts when I was pregnant... have you seen people that makes books out of their blogs? They look really good! Anyway, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the crib & glider!! You've made big progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a great mommy already! Some sweet moments will take place in that glider! :) And the last three months FLY! You'll see! She'll be here before you know it! (and I'm so glad you decided to document!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the crib and the glider!!! They are perfect!! So glad that you made the trip to Woodland...it was definitely worth it! Her nursery is going to be precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you in my last post so if you're feeling froggy feel free to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the crib and glider. I went to Woodland when I bought my house. I know what you mean about feeling like the Beverly Hillbillies!!!
    I'm going to try to remember to take my computer over to Mimi and Papa's to show them your blog and pics. Love you!

    ReplyDelete