Monday, June 21, 2010

It's TOO Hot Outside!!!

Mondays are what I have designated as "Chore Mondays." This morning I woke up (with no morning sickness for once..YAY!!) and I went to the gym, the grociery store, the farmer's market, and then to Newks to pick up some chicken salad for lunch. Yum! I intend on cleaning the house later today, but Drew may get off early and we might try to go to the pool. I don't know how long I will make it. I thought I was going to die at 9:00 am just walking from my car to the gym. It's way too hot outside for anyone to spend the day in the sun, especially a pregnant woman!!! Other than that, today will be uneventful. EXCEPT for The Bachelorette tonight! So excited to get together with the Monday night crowd and watch it! I love all the drama!

I really feel like I need to be getting stuff together for the nursery, but I can't really do anything until I decide on a paint color or colors and get the crib. I already have the fabric and Drew's mom is making everything for me - she is SO awesome!!!!! We are going to Tupelo this weekend and I am going to go to Woodland, MS on the way to look for a crib, so hopefully I will have one by the end of this weekend! I already have a distinctive picture in my head of what I want her nursery to be like. I want to fill her room with antique furniture. It is going to be SO girly! First, before I show pictures of ideas and fabric for the nursery, here is a preggo picture I promised my friends. We took about 50 of these and I don't like how any of them turned out. My hair is too flat and I was finding it hard to smile considering I was drugged up on phenergan. Ha.



Me at 26 weeks (yesterday). This is the first "belly" picture I have taken. I know I will regret it later for not doing it sooner...Oh well. Next time! :-)

Now on to nursery stuff!

I know its hard to make out, but it was the best I could do. Sorry! The toile print fabric has cherubs on it and it is so sweet! This will be for her curtains and the outside of her bumper pad. The inside of her bumper pad will be the cream colored minky dot fabric. I will also use the minky dot to make her a sweet baby blanket. The taupe dupioni silk fabric will be for her dust ruffle and also a valance covering for the top of her window. I am going to have her initials monogramed on it too! I am in the process of picking out another patterned fabric for some accent pillows as well but haven't decided on one yet!

This is her chandelier that we ordered! It is on its way and I cannot wait for it to get here! How sweet and precious is this?


I love the stripes on the wall in this nursery. I am either going to do stripes like these, but with richer neutrals, or just paint the room one solid color. If I do stripes, I am thinking it might be easier to just do one accent wall of stripes. I haven't decided yet. The fabric in this picture is similar to mine but a different print! I got most of my inspiration for the nursery from a website call PoshTots.com. Super cute!



I am totally doing this in her nursery! I found a dress form similar to this one on ebay, but instead of iron at the bottom, it is wood. I am going to have a tutu made to go with the colors in her nursery. Love this!!

Just wanted to share my favorite outfit of Ella Kate's (so far)! I can't wait for her to wear this!! Notice the tulle fabric on the hat....hehe!

Whew! That was alot of pictures to load. Hopefully, I will get alot faster at this! I hope you enjoyed looking at some of my nursery stuff...I can't wait to post more pictures when I actually really get going with it! Hope everyone has a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I love everything!! She is going to have the most precious nursery...fit for a princess (or little diva!) :) See ya tonight at Bachelorette!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!! You look so cute pregnant!! I can't wait to buy that little baby some fun outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to comment on this post and I can't remember what happened... but obviously the comment didn't make it. You look SO cute! Time for a new post missy! Have you shared how you found out you were pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't shared how I found out...Didn't back-track that much, but I should have! I took a pregnancy test at the gym I workout at! It was the only break I could get away from my husband at the time (it was the weekend and he wanted to spend all the time with me!) ha! I was just not feeling right...you know the feeling. And I was 8 days late...I wanted to be alone when I took the test. I skipped the workout needless to say!

    ReplyDelete