Friday, July 9, 2010

How did that happen?!?

On Thursday I went to the doctor for my last 4 week check-up (yay)!! I will go every 2 weeks now for a while. I had my glucose test where they tested for Gestational Diabetes. I am so happy to say that I do not have it!! To be honest I was so nervous!! I am one of those people that should not be allowed to surf the internet, because I will research every kind of disease and then swear that I have it! I was looking up GD and some of the symptoms were: increase in thirst, gaining too much weight, and having to go to the bathroom more than normal (which I didn't see how that was possible considering I already go every 30 minutes!). Well, I convinced myself that I HAVE been way more thirsty these last few weeks and I convinced myself that I HAVE already gained too much weight... Along with that, I had anxiety about drinking "the orange drink" also known as Gulcola. I had to drink a white substance a few years ago called "Berry Smoothie" before I had a CT Scan. It did NOT taste like Berry Smoothie, and it required several girls on my floor in the dorm to coach me into drinking it while I was dry heaving. This orange drink did not look as bad as the Berry Smoothie, but it should not be called gluCOLA, because "cola" makes me think of something carbonated, so I was thinking it might taste like an orange Sunkist. I took 2 sips and immediately threw it up. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to keep it down and then I wouldn't be able to have my test done that day. Well, enought about that. The point is, it was nasty nasty - but I survived, and I do not have diabetes.

During casual conversation with my doctor, he told me I was 27 weeks and 2 days along. I said, "Can you repeat that? How far along am I?" I have no idea how this happened, but somewhere along the way, I got either confused or just really excited and had jumped ahead of my week count. I thought I was almost 29 weeks! Ha! So needless to say, I was a little disappointed. And I already thought I was in my 3rd trimester. I know it's not a big deal, and most of you are probably thinking "oh well," but to me it is! I'm so ready for her to be here! SO every TUESDAY, my weeks turn over. This coming Tuesday I will officially be 28 weeks, 7 months pregnant, and in my third trimester. Woohoo!

We are going to finish painting the nursery today so I will have pictures to post tomorrow! Have a great Sunday!

"Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. And do everything with love."
1 Corinithians 16:13-14

1 comment:

  1. you look GREAT erin! just beautiful! i'm so glad i found your new blog again! i added you to my list. :) xo

    ReplyDelete