Friday, July 2, 2010

Is that sun I see outside?

I see the sun trying to peep through the clouds this morning, and it makes me very happy! The past 4 days have been dreary and yucky, which have not made me very productive...not that I really have much to be doing right now anyway! I feel like I am at a standstill with the nursery for a while. We are going to paint on Monday because Drew is on call ALL weekend. So once again, I will be alone for the 4th. Sigh. At least he is off Monday. Also, the buffet table that his parents are giving us for her changing table won't arrive until July 23, so obviously I can't do anything to that yet! I don't have any big updates to report but I wanted to share a few pictures!

I recently bought a really cool piece of wood art for our living room. I found it at a place on Hwy 51. It's an old house, and different vendors rent out spaces and sell their stuff. Here's a picture of it.


I just thought it was so cool! It's a pretty nice size, and, in my opinion, very reasonably priced. It was only $65! The girl had SO much other cute stuff too. Her name is Rhonda Spina and she is a Christian - based artist. Her blog address is http://www.crossmyheartcreations.blogspot.com/. Please check her out...she has awesome stuff!!

I think I am about to try my hand at painting. I have been getting urges for the past two years now to try my hand at it but never had the time. I may be horrible, but I will never know unless I try! I just want to buy so much art from people but I can't afford everything I want! So we'll see how it goes!

Here are some more bump pictures. I really do feel so strange taking pictures by myself, but I am trying to take pictures every week. I think it will be cool to look back on. I am just sad that I waited so late to get started. I am 28 weeks in these pictures (well, I will actually be 28 weeks on Sunday, but I'm rounding up)!


I didn't realize how much I was on the go when I was working until the past couple of weeks. Right after school was out we went to the beach for a week and then we were busy getting stuff cleaned out and ready for the nursery. This past week especially has been uneventful. I am starting to get really emotional during the day for no reason at all because being by myself so much is really starting to take its toll on me. I know that I should appreciate these last few months because after that I will never be alone, but honestly, I am so ready for her to be here! I am getting really anxious and restless. Also this week has been hard because Drew has been working at VBS every night. Our church did a sports camp at night this year instead of the traditional VBS. I am so proud of Drew for volunteering. I love his servant's heart, but it was just tough because I was alone all day and then alone all night. And honestly, I didn't feel up to volunteering this year! I did get to visit with a couple of sweet friends this week, which totally made me happy. But being by yourself for the most part gets old fast. And all these harmones are making me more and more emotional....it's crazy! So I am just going to have to find a hobby and keep myself busy! And I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss my sweet friends who don't live here and I don't get to see ever.

I hope everyone has a blessed day! I am so thankful it might actually be beautfiul outside!

5 comments:

  1. Love the pics! Hey, you just need to come to our house and hang out whenever you need some action! You know there is plenty over here! And the kids love hanging with Aunt Erin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I looked that cute when I was pregnant! You should drive down to Hattiesburg some time and hang out with Caroline and I! We would love to to shopping just for fun or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jennifer i would love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erin! I just stumbled on your blog. Congratulations on baby girl on the way! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete